6/30/2013

REVIEW | RIMMEL 'WAKE ME UP' FOUNDATION






















Hello Lovelies!

I use be the type of person who always bought products from high-end brands like Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Lancome, Estée Lauder and so on. I thought the given products would obviously work like a dream if they're priced so high! But recently I have been experimenting with drugstore make-up and turns out, I don't have to always splurge a lot of money to get the best quality make up. And after watching Zoella, Tanya Burr and pretty much everyone else on the internet rave about this little product, I just had to get my hands on it as well.

Sadly, this product isn't available in Dubai so I bought mine from Boots when I was in the UK during March. I've been using it ever since (3 months to be precise) and its safe to say that I've given it enough trials to write a review about it.

Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation claims to give an "anti-fatigue effect and a radiant glow". I believe it truly does so because I get a nice, dewy effect on my face after using it. And remember, anything that says 'radiant' is bound to be anything but matte! As I have dry skin, I found this foundation perfectly moisturizing and definitely helped to brighten my face up! The foundation has a light-to-medium coverage but it's build-able. I would say it's perfect for day time wear and on good skin days as it gives that hint of instant freshness to the face. It smells lovely too! 

I also love the fact that its in a pump because it gives you control over how much product you want to use- most foundations come in a bottle which can spill and cause a horrid mess so- good job Rimmel! It also has a nice packaging as the glass bottle makes it feel kinda fancy. 

On the downside, the colour range is a bit disappointing as there are only 5 shades available. I got mine in the shade 'Soft Beige' which is near enough close to my skin colour so I was lucky in that sense. Also, since the purpose of the foundation is to add a "radiant glow" to the skin, I would not recommend this product to those who have oily skin. In addition to that, this foundation has a little bit of shimmer added to the formula which may not settle well for most people. I personally don't mind it that much as there is only a subtle hint of it. 

Overall, I would say Wake Me Up definitely does exactly what it claims to do. It made my face look much more awake and didn't create any patches as most foundations tend to do so after a while. I find it an ideal product for an everyday casual use and perfect for those who have dry skin. For a drugstore foundation, I rate it 8/10!



6 comments:

  1. Great post! Read your first post as well, haha we got several things in common. Cute blog!

    bluegem14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this foundation too! it's the one I use all the time, on my 3rd bottle :) x

    Sinead | http://sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im close to finishing mine. Thanks for commenting! Xx

      Delete
  3. Definitely going to try this foundation out! Nice review
    xx
    ps. I followed you on bloglovin, please follow me back!

    sweetcurls.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou, You deffo should! And sure! xx

    ReplyDelete