5/30/2014

DIORSKIN FOREVER FOUNDATION | THE REVIEW



 Hello Lovelies!

So I've been on a hunt for a heavy coverage foundation for quite a while now and about a month ago, a friend recommended checking out Dior's Diorskin foundation line. Diorskin offers the choice between Nude 'Natural Glow Hydrating Foundation' and Forever 'Flawless Perfection Fusion-Wear Foundation'. Nude foundation provides a more lighter and dewy coverage whereas Forever is heavier coverage with a velvety finish. 

Before buying the Forever foundation, I had requested to try out the product on my face rather than on the back of my hands as I wanted to see how well it covered up my spots and blemishes. I was thoroughly pleased by the results as it certainly provided a flawless finish, similar to MAC's Studio Fix coverage. I was matched with the shade 030 in Medium Beige which I believe matched perfectly with my skin tone as I wanted to opt for a foundation with a full coverage that still looked natural on my face. 

I was a little apprehensive on the velvety/matte finish because I prefer dewy foundations however, Diorskin Forever did not disappoint as my makeup looked neither dull or cakey. It's liquid consistency is easy to apply and one pump (yes, it actually comes with a pump yay) goes a long way in covering up and evening out the complexion. 

So far so good?

Alas! There is always that ONE thing that brings the whole product down. For me, the problem in fancier terms would be called Foundation Oxidation (try saying that fast!). This basically refers to when our skin oxidises to a foundation, thus making the foundation turn darker or appear slightly orange on the skin. This reaction can happen after a few minutes or hours post-application and occurs usually because certain chemicals in the foundation react or interfere with the skin's pH levels. Or it could also be the case if we are dehydrated or exposed too much into the sunlight. 

I'm still not sure what caused my skin to oxidise but my best bet is that it is severely dehydrated. However, I did a little experiment and noticed that after improving my diet and skincare routine in the past few weeks, I applied the foundation again a few days ago and my skin did not oxidise as much as it had the first time (woo!). I really do hope that soon in time, I'm able to use this foundation properly as it truly is a great product which provides brilliant coverage and a long lasting wear. 

What is you favourite foundation at the moment? Also, have you ever faced an oxidation dilemma with your foundation? Let me know in the comments below. 



34 comments:

  1. to be honest, we've never tried any high end foundations. At the moment, we're loving rimmel's wake me up foundation, and although we are still loving it, we're on the market for something new to try. Maybe we should invest in something like this, although we might have to get our skin hydrated and healthy before trying this out!! What other high end foundations would you recommend?

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel's Wake Me Up is one of my favourite foundations! I would recommended checking out Chanel and MAC :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm really pleased to read this review as I really noticed this myself.. it would oxidise on me soooo bad, it was just ridiculous as it would change shades on me over the hours! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I'm not the only one!! I'm sure with a few switch ups in your skin care routine you can start using your foundation again. Or perhaps invest in a lighter shade next time :) xx

      Delete
  3. I actually tried to say 'Foundation Oxidation' really fast - yep that was a fail!
    I hope it works out for you in terms of less oxidising! My favourite would be the MAC Studio Fix Fluid as it provides enough coverage and I've found the perfect shade... as you compared this one to that, I'm likely to like the Dior one too!
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's quite a mouthful isn't it? You should definitely check it out as I do believe it is a great foundation for heavy coverage. Thanks for commenting xx

      Delete
  4. I've never tried any Dior cosmetics before, but I can relate to your foundation oxidizing on the skin. I use smashbox foundation, and I chose the one shade lighter than I actually am, so when it oxidizes, it looks like my natural skin color, lol. But I'm glad you like the Dior. They come out with very good products!

    Cristielle |Fairytale Princess ☾•*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never tried Smashbox foundations but heard quite a lot of positive things about the brand! And that's a clever solution to combating skin oxidation :) xx

      Delete
  5. I've never tried Dior before, but this looks really good. I love the bottle!
    x
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of the Dior packaging. Looks pretty and luxurious sitting on my table :p xx

      Delete
  6. My mac foundation oxidises all the time Blog of Bits and Bobs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that sucks as MAC does brilliant foundations xx

      Delete
  7. neeed to try!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a shame it was a let down- I hate it when foundations oxidase! I tried saying foundation oxidation- what a fail =D

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it's really hard isn't it?! x

      Delete
  9. Loved this review and thanks for the tips on oxidation I never knew the skin could affect the foundation colour because chemicals mix :) learn something new everyday!! I have been drinking more water recently to help my skin and I have heard lots of positive things about the Dior foundation range but never get the chance to try it out xx

    www.krystelcouture.com Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite surprised when I first heard about oxidation too! But as I said in my post, certain chemicals may not necessarily have the same effect on everyone- depends on your skin condition. You should defo check it out and I'd recommend Nude if you have dry skin. Thanks for commenting :) x

      Delete
  10. Great review! I've never tried yet this foundation. Sounds great.

    style-mepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh oxidation is the worst! I stopped using MAC because of that and switched to Urban Decay. Great post
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Naked palette from Urban Decay but never tried any of their foundations. Will try it and thanks xx

      Delete
  12. Hate the oxidation! Lovely post xo

    Sheworewhat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh what a treat,would love to treat myself to this Dior foundation! fab blog and post x :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I treated myself to a high end foundation like Dior. Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  14. I've never tried a high end foundation before I usually just use rimmels match perfect but feel like I should treat myself to this one :)

    I’m doing a giveaway on my blog for the chance to win a floral skort (brand new!) if you’re interested - all you need to do is leave a comment :)

    Gabby @ What She Buys

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the sound of this! looking for one with good coverage xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've always wanted to try this but never got round to picking it up!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's £250+ of beauty products up for grabs on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post!! I tried syaing quickly foundation oxidation and it sound so funny!! Haha... :P I have never heard or noticed something like that before.. Do you use primer or a hydrating cream before applying foundation? Maybe a face mask could help your skin be hydrated? I hope any of these could help!! My favourite foundation right now is the Wake Me Up foundation by Rimmel!! :D
    Maria xox
    http://aresmar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a nice post dear!xx
    Would you mind checking my blog out,and following if you like it?
    That would mean so much to me!
    Keep in touch ,love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm still on the look for my perfect foundation, but it was v.interesting to read this review! :)
    www.samanthadawn.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never heard of this before but it sounds very interesting! I'm currently working my way through the bareMinerals original foundation and really recommend it.
    Such a beautiful blog btw!

    Lou x
    Bluebird | Beauty and life blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never tried Dior product before but somehow I think this foundation is pretty much like a good one. Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Google+, Bloglovin and other social media? Keep in touch.

    Shikin Kikin | shikinkikin.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for this nice review. I love Dior so much.

    Groetjes
    Vreeni

    PS: Win your favorite mexican boho dress here: win your frida dress.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice review! tempted to try :)
    Following you now and will appreciate it if you can follow back and return the Love and Support!
    Cheers!
    Red Alice
    http://www.redalicerao.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really want to try this foundation! Love the packaging too!

    London Beauty x

    ReplyDelete