5/15/2014

MET GALA 2014 | BEST DRESSED

Hosted by Vogue editor, Anna Wintour, the Met Gala is known as one of the most prestigious annual social events to be held in the fashion industry. The event takes place in NYC every year with different themed dress codes for A-list celebrity guests. The 2013 theme was 'Punk: Chaos to Couture' whereas the theme for this years' Met Gala was 'White Tie and Decorations' in honour of world-renowned fashion designer, Charles James. 

Here are the top favourite looks I've selected from the glamorous red carpet event:


#1
Suki Waterhouse absolutely nailed it with this blush pink Burberry gown. The frilly-tiered strapless number was completed with her hair pinned back in a simple messy up do and diamond studded earrings, whilst her make up was complimented with a bold deep, cherry-red lipstick. Magnificently elegant. 




#2 This is one of those outfits that you either love or hate. But for some odd reason, I believe Emma Stone brought a refreshing look to the red carpet. The sporty crop top does not exactly scream glamour, but I feel like if anyone could pull this off, it would be Stone. The hot pink skirt adds a bit of playfulness to the outfit, while it contrasts amazingly well with her top half. Her boho hairstyle also looks super chic!


#3 Adorning an Emillio Pucci dress, Leighton Meester looks like a bohemian goddess in her neck-plunging dress. The heavily embellished gown added an extra oomph to her overall look, whilst keeping the rest of her look simple with subtle ombre waves for her hair and strappy nude heels. 

#4 Cara Delevingne. What can I say, the Brit model can look effortless in anything she's thrown in. Rocking the monochrome trend for this season, Delevingne stepped out in a Stella Mccartney dress-pant ensemble, bringing a modern twist to the theme of 'white tie'. Her hair was sleeked from one side and losely curled from the other, framing her face perfectly. She finished off the look with light silver jewellery and pointed black and white heels. 

#5 Blake Lively also stunned the red carpet with this beautiful Gucci dress, covered in sequinned embellishments from head to toe. The figure hugging champagne dress served justice to her amazing body along with a revealing plunging neckline. Blake looked healthy, lively (excuse the terrible pun) and fresh with a dewy makeup finish and sporting a glossy pink, feminine pout.

#6 I was very indecisive with this one. A part of my brain screamed 'that's so vintage' and the other part muttered 'grandma curtains'. After much thought, I decided to settle on the conclusion that I actually do like this dress. Amber Heard looks incredibly sophisticated in her full-sleeved golden embroidered Giambattista Valli gown and her quiff do' looked super trendy too! 


#7 Hailiee Steinfeld looked ravishing in her Prabel Gurung black and white dress. Everything about this outfit was on point; from her simple middle parting up-do to her Van Cleef & Arpels jewels, this young Hollywood star carried herself with grace at the star studded event. 

And that concludes my favourite looks at the Met Ball. Who was your best-dressed celebrity? Let me know in the comments below. 

31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Emma's one of my fav actresses in Hollywood too! x

      Delete
  2. I loved Suki's and Blake's dress the most! x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suki looked absolutely stunning! Wish I could pull off a dress like that lol x

      Delete
  3. Very elegant !

    Follow me now on GFC and/or BlogLovin, I always follow back! X

    WWW.FLYDP.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear lord, Emma, Blake, Leighton & Hailliee look incredibly gorgeous. I mean, its impossible to see Blake failing, but they all look super amazing.
    Xxxxx
    http://loadsof-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Blake's been nailing it lately with all her outfits! xx

      Delete
  5. Great post! Leighton and Blake are gorgeous...just flawless!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think Leighton & Blake are some of the most beautiful and stylish celebs ever :) x

      Delete
  6. I find all these dresses equally as gorgeous!! Especially blakes :) xx

    `www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Everyone's raving about Beyonce but I think Blake was the real showstopper at the Gala! x

      Delete
  7. I love the first dress!!! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. i love her effortless style! xx

      Delete
  10. great post! Followed! Follow back?xx

    lucyabigailsmith.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved suki waterhouse's outfit! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think her and Blake Lively are my top favs from the night! xx

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like her look too :) She took a risk with that crop top but pulled it off wonderfully! xx

      Delete
  13. Lovely lovely picks. I agree, Emma Stone somehow looks stunning in that. I love Leighton as well, looks like royalty

    xx, H
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leighton always looks flawless at events like these xx

      Delete
  14. Suki looked lovely, and emma stone pulled off really well too! :-)

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these picks! I loved Suki's and Blakes looks, so amazing

    http://breakfastatvogue111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suki is such a babe and Cara looked amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha both are killing it in the fashion industry lately! x

      Delete
  17. I loved all the ladys that you picked!! They all looked amazing!! I have a soft spot for Cara and Emma though so I can't really be objective ;) I am a new follower!! Keep in touvh if you wish :D
    Maria xox
    http://aresmar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suki absolutely fabulous!
    You have a lovely blog! <3


    Maybe you want to follow each other?
    Let me know on my blog & I'll follow right away!

    ReplyDelete