9/20/2014

HYDRALURON & PEPTA-BRIGHT | WORTH THE HYPE?


Following the much raved advice from skincare guru, Mrs Caroline Hirons, I finally took the bait and marched over to Boots with a notepad in one hand and a soon-to-be-empty wallet in the other. Right, you're going to buy this regardless of the price. Caroline said it's a brilliant product so, what's there to think? Just buy it! This was exactly the thought process running through my mind whilst standing in front of the Indeed Labs section with furrowed eyebrows and a thoughtful expression. Nevertheless, I stayed true to my heart (and Caroline!) and went ahead and bought these acclaimed miracle serums. Here's my edit on what I think about these fancy little products: 


Hydraluron- This was the cream I was absolutely dying to get because it is is exactly what my skin needs. As mentioned previously in this post, my skin has been really lacking luster due to breakouts and dehydration. So naturally, the hydrating factor in the serum really appealed to me. The packaging says that the main ingredient in this product is Hydraluronic Acid. This acid has the ability to hold up to 1000 times more of it's weight in water, which basically means that your moisturizer will be better absorbed/penetrated into your skin, thus helping to increase hydration and restore skin elasticity. Boy, do I completely agree! It instantly quenched my skin's thirst and made it look a lot more plumpy, smooth and no longer looking rough or flaky. 

My theory is that everyone with any skin type can suffer from dehydration from time to time; whether its from not drinking enough fluids, poor diet, cold weather or over-exfoliating our skins. Therefore, it is very essential to have something that provides hydration and restores the natural oils that our skin is constantly stripped away from. What I'm trying to say is, and it already says on the packaging is that we all need a little bit of a "moisture booster" in our lives. Hydraluron has without a doubt become a staple of mine which does exactly just that. I just wished it didn't come in such a tiny tube! 

Pepta-bright- I have mixed feelings about this one. The cream-serum is designed to even out the skin tone and increase luminosity. It helps to diminish the appearance of dark spots (pigmentation) and acne scarring. It is also free from nasties such as Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Mercury and Parabens. Now, it all sounds pretty promising, right? Does it live up to these expectations? Sort of. 

I have been using Pepta-bright religiously both AM and PM for the past three weeks and yes, my complexion does look a lot brighter and radiant. Also, even though it hasn't completely eliminated my scars, it has definitely helped to lighten them. It can also be used as a good moisturiser replacement for days when you just wan't something a little light on your face. However, the problem is that I'm not really seeing any changes in my skin tone. Softer skin, yes, Even-skin tone, not really. And  it sucks because that's one of the main reasons why I was so tempted to try it. I also feel like Hydraluron does a better job at making me look more fresh and plumpier than Pepta-bright. Don't get me wrong, It is a good product but just not something that made me go wow. My skin type is between normal-dehydrated, so based on that, I personally believe Hydraluron did a better job at benefiting my skin than Pepta-bright. But all in all, Indeed Labs have come up with two brilliant formulas for treating problematic skin and I'll be sure to check out the rest of their stuff out too! 

For more information about the brand and product, read Caroline Hiron's review on Hydraluron and Pepta-bright. 

Have you ever tried these serums? Let me know how your experience went with them in the comments below!

12 comments:

  1. I'd love to try the Pepta Bright - it sounds like such a lovely product xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defo check out the product line! x

      Delete
  2. I've wanted to try both these products for such a long time now, but I've heard such mixed reviews and I really wasn't sure. Thank you for this one :) xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's a brilliant formula to use on bad skin days! x

      Delete
  4. Great reviews, I want to try the Hydraluron :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh would love to try this, sounds really lovely! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and pictures, I'm really excited to try this range!

    Check out my new review :)

    Fleur x

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blog post.... enjoyed reading :)

    you have a lovely blog here


    hope to see you other on my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/


    have a nice day

    Jade 

    ReplyDelete
  8. shame about not giving even skin tone....but soft skin's never a bad thing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I guess that does outweigh the con! xx

      Delete