9/15/2014

HOLY GRAIL | LA ROCHE- POSAY EFFACLAR DUO +



 Hello Lovelies, 

I know I am very late on the bandwagon with this cult favourite but I've only gotten around to trying out this product just last month when my temperamental skin hit it's peak. For the last six-eight months, I've been suffering from mild- acne. I've always had clear skin and would only get the odd pimple around that time of the month but due to changes in my hormones and crap diet in this past year, my skin has taken a turn for the worse. It became severely dehydrated and I had angry red spots all over my face, more locally on the apple of my cheeks and around the chin area. I literally could not find anything that would control and vanquish my horrible breakouts. 

And then I found this...

I have been using Effaclar Duo + for roughly about 3 weeks and I can now form a solid opinion on how I feel about this product. I'm not going to beat around the bush and just going to come out with it; I freaking LOVE this product. La Roche Posey's Effaclar Duo + (what a mouthful) is the newest version of the old cream which was just a spot treatment that could not applied to the whole face as many customers claimed it dried out their skin. The new and improved Duo + has not only swapped it's consistency to a more lightweight gel form but it also claims to provide hydration and can be used all over the face as a facial serum. The French product also claims to "correct the appearance of imperfections, even skin texture and unclog blocked pores." The serum is also made up of an active Ingredient called Procerad which reduces the appearance of red and brown spot scars. 

Do I think it does what it claims? I think out of the hundreds of products I've bought over the years which claim to do all these things, Effaclar Duo + has been the most effective in providing promising results. My skin is still nowhere near perfect nor has it stopped my acne, but my breakouts have become less frequent and it has significantly helped to lighten my acne scars within the first week of usage. My final verdict is that this serum wouldn't exactly be a miracle worker for those who suffer from severe acne problems but it is definitely a golden product to reach out for on the days when your skin is just misbehaving and you want something that will instantly puts those bad boy red spots in their place (well, as long as that place isn't anywhere near your face).


Have you tried out Effaclar Duo +? Let me know your opinions about it!

33 comments:

  1. thank you for your stopping by on my blog! great review! i have used the original product but this sounds fab!

    This Girl Loves Chic 

    Facebook : ThisGirlLovesChic 


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the odd break out. I don't use any thing specific, sometimes a little teatree oil. This product looks good.
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used Body Shop's Tea Tree face mask but it really dried me out. You should try this next time xx

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many good reviews about this product, it really does seem to work and it sounds perfect for my skin! Will definitely have to give it a try some time!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I've only just tried it! It helped with my spots so much! xx

      Delete
  4. amazing post :)

    you have a lovely blog here and i love your design

    if you have a secound would be great to see you over on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a lovely day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first tried this I thought it was amazing but then it gave me really bad pimples so I stopped using it. Such a shame as I have heard really great things about it from so many people x

    whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's unfortunate. Go glad it worked well with me as I have very sensitive skin too xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely looking products, thanks for sharing!

    I have a new outfit post up, would love to know your thoughts! :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great! So many people have said great things!

    The Beauty Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review girly! Sounds like a lovely product ✿

    http://www.cristielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this sounds amazing!! I might have to try this as I used to have acne andmI'm always looking for the best products. I love your blog and I've followed on bloglovin' ♡
    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. My skin is been playing up so much recently, I have fairly spot prone skin anyway but I can normally keep it under control pretty well - I have had a horrible breakout recently and it's not budging!! Think I will give this a go!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had really bad under the surface bumps and this defo helped to smooth out my skin! x

      Delete
  11. This sounds great, being an acne sufferer myself I will definitely have to try it
    Great blog,
    Im now following you via GFC and Bloglovin
    Rachel XX
    http://bubbleblush11.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I understand what a pain it is to suffer from acne. Thanks for the follow lovely! xx

      Delete
  12. I think I might be the only person in the whole world that this didn't work for.. I'm so gutted as I wanted to love it xx
    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks when a product raved about by everyone doesn't live up to your expectations! Xx

      Delete
  13. I've heard so many great things about this product. Think it's high time I tried it out!

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never used this but it looks fab! My skin hasn't been too bad for a few years but I do get those occasional days where I need something to cover the blemishes. Great review :) xx

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
  15. Acne is the worst! I def wil check out this product. I haven't heard of it before.

    Stop by my blog when you have time! Also check out my amazing giveaway!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from Elle Charie
    ♥♥ Perfect Skin Giveaway♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have this! been using it for 3 months but haven't noticed any difference in my skin but still carry on using it...just in case.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a fab product, I've read so many good reviews on it! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post, dear!
    Inspiring post about charity project: http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2014/09/blog-post_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! I've bought this but I haven't used it enough to see significant results! But I'll have to give it another go after reading this!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete