9/27/2014

SHINE, BE GONE.


Powders. You either love 'em or hate 'em. I've always been on the middle ground in this equation. If you have been reading my posts for a long enough time, I'm sure you can tell by now how much I love the good ole' dewy finish. Hence why, I used to believe that powders kind of defeated the purpose of using dewy/natural foundations. I'd like to mentally punch the past-me in the face for thinking that right now. 

You see, living in a hot country and wearing make up for long tiring hours in the day ultimately means that your foundation will slide off your face. Unless you're willing to look cakey by constantly re-applying it through out the day, you need something to prolong your foundation wear and prevent the greasy shine on your face from making it's un-welcomed appearance.

I have found literally the most perfect solution to all these problems- Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder. Despite being called "Stay Matte", I honestly think this product sets the foundation beautifully, creating a flawless canvas whilst still letting my face look natural and preserving the slight dewyness from my foundation. It's difficult to explain but I can safely agree when it claims to provide a "natural shine control" as it definitely stops my face from looking oily and keeping the foundation in its place. stopping it from slipping off. I bought it in the shade 001 Transparent and it's available at Boots for just £3.99- bargain! 

18 comments:

  1. I also have this powder - hearing the great reviews and the very low price tag, who can resist?! It does it's job and love that the colour shade is universal, so much easier than trying to find 'the perfect match'!
    Lovely Review,
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, it's affordable and suits any skin tone :) x

      Delete
  2. i've heard good things about that, need to give it a try!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too use this powder and I think it's a great product. Love the post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like this... it's just too powdery for my liking xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sucks! This is the only powder I found that didn't make me look cakey. I have used Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown and they always made my face look ashen. xx

      Delete
  5. I love this product to, soo nice isnt it?! have you tried their balm stick yet? sooooooo good! haha, great blog you have here by the ways, keep up the good work m'dear

    http://andreaantoniou.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't but will check it out the next time I'm in Boots :) x

      Delete
  6. This is the first powder I ever bought - just by accident - and then I found out that EVERYBODY uses it, because it's so affortable, yet SO GOOD! :))
    I absolutely adore your web design, so pretty :)
    Your newest follower! Keep it up :)) xx

    It would mean so much to me if you visited my blog <3
    Keep in touch

    Berry The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when you stumble upon things by accident and they turn out to be such great products!
      Thank you so much for your lovely comments :) x

      Delete
  7. Such a great powder! I love it but I've smashed SO many of them waah :( Good job it's so lovely and cheap!

    Lauren x
    www.thefashionramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I recently broke my mum's Dior compact powder woops xx

      Delete
  8. hi dear!! such a wonderful post!!!nice review! love your blog! lt would be amazing to follow each other!! if you want just let me know about it! hope to hear from you! kisses!

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOOOVE this powder soo much, literally my favorite, and the great thing is that it's great quality and soo cheap. Great review <3

    Beatriz || Classy and Trendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I was so shocked with how well it worked given how cheap it is! x

      Delete
  10. I love this powder and keep re-purchasing it :) Amazing quality for the price :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this powder so much but i just can't buy it anymore cause the packaging always breaks in my bag and i get powder everywhere, such a shame!

    also i'm following you on GFC now and having a little nose through your blog haha :)

    love katy @ THE RAWRDROBE ♡

    ReplyDelete