8/19/2015

CLINIQUE TAKE THE DAY OFF CLEANSING BALM

Hello Lovelies!

After seeing Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends rave about Clinique's Take The Day Off cleansing balm, without a doubt I needed to get my hands on this purple tub of goodness too. I've been using it for the past month now and rest assured, TTDO has rightfully taken its crown as becoming my holy grail cleanser. 

Since obsessing over Merumaya's cleansing balm (see post here) I knew I needed to try more balm-textured skincare products because of their hydrating benefits. Clinique's TTDO melts like a dream once scooped out of the pot. I guess that could be the only downside about this product as you have to, kind of, scoop the balm from a thick, flat lard-like substance. Description doesn't sound too appealing I know. I prefer using tubes or pumps but it is only a minor issue in my eyes as the pros outweigh the cons. 

It is a very no-nonsence sort of product. It lacks any fragrance or essential oils so thats an automatic plus point for many people who dislike strong smells which might cause irritation or discomfort. Much like the beloved Emma Hardie face balm, TTDO cleansing balm leaves the face feeling completely soft, supple and totally nourished without that horrible stripped down, greasy feeling you get from most skin cleansers. Although it comes in tub pot, a little goes a long way as you only need a small amount of product and massage it thoroughly (love this mini massage stage) into the skin to help get rid of all the dirt and grime. The melting oil completely wipes the face clean from any makeup residue, even the remains of the most toughest and stubborn waterproof liners and mascaras. 

Clinique's TTDO cleansing balm would be ideal for sensitive and acnaic skins as I personally believe it is one of the most functional and crap-free products I've come across as most contain mineral oils (stay AWAY from them) and harmful chemicals that trigger breakouts.  So if you suffer from spot-prone skin, give this beauty a whirl. 

Available at Bloomingdales for 205AED/ £22.00 for 125 ml.


No comments:

Post a Comment