3/09/2016

NEW MAC PURCHASES




Last week, I did some splurging to blow off stress from university work load and I definitely do not feel an ounce bit of regret in my system. On the contrary, I am now a proud owner of the cult classic lipstick Ruby Woo. In case you've been living under a rock and not heard every blogger on the block brag about this iconic MAC product, let me tell you in short description: this lipstick is a showstopper. Suits every skin tone- from fair to medium and darker complexions, anyone can literally pull off this lipstick. I always have a hard time finding the right shade of red but this colour suited me perfectly. It has sort of a bright vibrancy to it that really makes you look fresh, awake and gives off a "I'm ready to take on the world" kind of vibe. Its more of a cool-toned lipstick with not a hint of glitter or a pearly sheen, instead it leaves a gorgeous velvety finish to your pout.






Speaking of consistency, it is true when they say that it is one of the driest lipsticks you will ever try. No joke. As it is from the Retro Matte collection, Ruby Woo is definitely not your typical matte lipstick so I would advice applying a teeny tiny bit of a hydrating balm beforehand just so it doesn't feel like your applying chalk on your lips. But in all honesty, I can totally look past this issue as the formula is very pigmented and has a great lasting power. I can comfortably eat and drink throughout the day without the need of touching up as the matte texture leaves a flattering stain on my lips. Yes, it's that good. I'm head over heals with Ruby Woo and I think for anyone who's looking to purchase a MAC lipstick, this would be a great first option. 




Pinch Me is another flattering matte blush for fair to medium skin tones. As the name hints, Pinch Me offers a very subtle flushed look to your cheeks but one that is buildable if you're opting for a more intense evening look. I have way too many pinks and sparkles in my makeup stash and as the lovely lady at MAC suggested, Pinch Me is a muted dirty rose-coral shade which is perfect for those with an olive complexion or yellow-undertones. I do believe this would not suit darker skin tones though as the pigment may appear slightly muddy. 

As it is from the Sheer-tone collection, it is easy to blend and perfect for a quick, casual make up routine where you just want to add a bit of colour to your face without going OTT. Like most MAC products, the formula is very pigmented so you need a gentle hand to layer it up but it glides onto the skin like a dream without looking powdery or patchy. Overall, I am quite impressed with the colour shade and can see this becoming my staple everyday blush. I am very pleased with my purchases however whenever I ever go into MAC, I'm always left with that yearning feeling to buy more haha. Its a makeup haven in there! Also on a side note- Ive been watching a few Youtube videos lately discussing the terrible attitude and treatment by MAC staff and I do agree that most of the times they comes across as quite intimidating and stuck up. But I do have to point out that the team in Dubai Mall are just lovely and super helpful. So anyone from Dubai reading this, I would recommend going there as I've had the best service from that branch so far.


What have been your recent MAC purchases? Holler if you think there is something I should definitely try! 

xx











No comments:

Post a Comment