6/11/2016

HIGHLIGHTER ON FLEEK | MARY LOU KNOWS WHATS UP


Highlighting is my favourite step when it comes to doing my makeup routine because I find that it really helps to complete the look together by adding a bit of an extra oomph. Nothing makes me feel as confident as I do when stepping outside of the house with sheeny radiant cheekbones and a glowy, healthy-looking face. Based on this reason, The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer knows how to deliver! Just a caution though- a little goes a long way with this Mary Lou highlight. With using a fan brush, you can create the most subtle glow with a single swipe, or if you feel a bit more daring by opting for a full on strobing effect, just pack on a little more of this buttery, finely-milled powder onto the brush and dust it across the high points of your cheeks and brow bones. I also like using this in the inner corner of my eyes to brighten the area up. 

















The champagne/gold colour is perfect for all my medium skin-tone ladies out there, but the key factor that made me fall head over heals for this product is the texture. The highlighters that I've used in the past (cheap drugstore ones) have mainly been very powdery in their application and didn't last very long. Mary Lou, however, has great lasting power as it is super duper pigmented and has almost of a silky smoothe texture. It applies beautifully onto the skin without making things look chalky as it blends seamlessly, creating the most stunning shimmery glow. I even read somewhere that applying this with a wet sponge is ideal for achieving that eye-blinding, dramatic glam look. I have yet to try this though. 

Can we also take a minute to appreciate the gorgeous retro packaging? I love it when brands take their time in coming up with witty concepts and ideas and theBalm cosmetics have always hit the nail on the mark with their product quality and appearance. Other options available from this line is the Betty-Lou bronzer and then the Cindy Lou highlighter (or shadow) which is for those on the pale/fair side as the pearly peach/pink pigments would be best suited for lighter skin tones. Overall, Mary Lou Manizer is everything and has definitely reached my holy grail status. If you're thinking of buying a new highlighter, I beg you to try this stuff out in the stores next time. I know I will be using this throughout the summer, especially with a gorgeous sun tan.

What are currently your favourite highlighters?

xx








No comments:

Post a Comment